Are You Having A Hard Time Dealing With Ants In Tampa?
December 10, 2022 - Ants
Dealing with pests can be a real nightmare, especially when you don't know where to start. If you're having difficulty dealing with ants in Tampa, you've come to the right place. This article will discuss everything you need to know about ants in Tampa.
Many types of ants live in the city, including carpenter ants, odorous house ants, and pharaoh ants. A professional company is the best way to handle pest control in Tampa.
How To Identify The Type Of Ant Infesting Your Home
The first step to effective ant control is identifying the type of ant infesting your home. There are a few different ways to do this.
One way is to look at where you are noticing ants. Carpenter ants are more likely to be infesting the wooden areas of your home, while odorous house ants will be attracted to sugary food and pharaoh ants to protein.
Another way to identify the type of ant infesting your home is to look at the size of the ants:
- Carpenter ants: Typically larger than other types of ants at around half an inch in length.
- Odorous house ants: Usually smaller than different types of ants at less than a quarter of an inch in length.
- Pharaoh ants: Commonly the same size as other types of ants at around a quarter inch in length.
The last way to identify the type of ant infesting your home is to look at the color of the ants. Carpenter ants are typically black, red, or a combination of the two. Odorous house ants generally are brown or black. Pharaoh ants are typically yellow or red.
Once you've identified the type of ant that is infesting your home, you can move on to the next step: removing them.
All The Problems Ants Can Create In Your Home
Ants can create different problems in your home, depending on the type of ant. For example:
- Carpenter ants can damage your home's wood, leading to expensive repairs.
- Odorous house ants can be a nuisance because they're attracted to sugary food. If you don't remove them quickly, they will contaminate your food and cooking surfaces.
- Pharaoh ants can be a problem because they're attracted to protein. If left unattended from your home, they can contaminate food, and these ants are also known for spreading disease.
All ants become a nuisance when they infest your home and can be tricky to eliminate.
How To Naturally Remove Factors That Attract Ants To Your Home
No matter which type of ant is finding its way into your home, there are certain ant prevention tips you can follow to help with ant control in your house, including:
- Keep food (including pet food) stored in airtight containers.
- Cover both indoor and outdoor trash cans and empty them regularly.
- Keep floors and counters clean of crumbs and spills.
- Minimize excess moisture by fixing leaks, maintaining drainage systems, and using dehumidifiers where needed.
You can also take steps to keep ants out by sealing any cracks and crevices in your exterior walls and foundation, installing weatherstripping and door sweeps to eliminate gaps around doors and windows, and ensuring screens are in good repair.
Professional Ant Control Is The Way To Go For Your Home
The best way to eliminate ants in Tampa is to call the professionals at EcoSmart Pest Solutions. Our company specializes in home pest control for ants to identify the type of ants infesting your home. We will remove the ants and seal any entry points to prevent them from returning.
Do-it-yourself ant control is often just a temporary bandaid. Rather than eliminating the problem, you may simply succeed in temporarily reducing the ant population around your home, but these insects are quick to build back their numbers. Contact EcoSmart Pest Solutions if you're having trouble dealing with ants in Tampa.