Everything You Should Know If You Struggle With Bed Bugs In Tampa
August 15, 2022 - Bed Bugs
If you're like most people, the thought of bed bugs sends shivers down your spine. If you live in Tampa and are worried that you might have an infestation, don't worry; you're not alone. EcoSmart Pest Solutions will tell you everything you need to know about bed bug pest control in Tampa: why they're a growing issue, where they might be hiding, and how pest control can kill bed bugs in your home and keep them away for good.
A Brief History Of The Bed Bug Resurgence
While bed bugs have been around for centuries, they were all but eliminated in North America after World War II thanks to the widespread use of DDT. This powerful insecticide was effective at killing bed bugs, but it also had some serious side effects. As a result, DDT was banned in the 1970s and bed bugs began to make a comeback. In the past few years, they've been spreading like wildfire, infesting homes, apartments, hotels, and even movie theaters!
These bugs can be a nuisance because they feed on human blood and cause bites that are itchy and can often become infected. Make sure you know what to look for so you can contact local pest control for bed bugs and get rid of them for good.
Most Common Bed Bug Hiding Spots
Bed bugs are experts at hiding, which makes them difficult to spot and even harder to get rid of. These pests typically hide in cracks and crevices near where people sleep, such as in mattresses, box springs, headboards, and bed frames. Here are other places to check for bed bugs:
- Underneath carpets and rugs
- In between the cushions of couches and chairs
- In cracks in baseboards or behind electrical outlets
- In suitcases, backpacks, and other luggage
- In clothes that are lying on the floor or in piles of laundry
If you find a bed bug, it's important to catch it and put it in a jar so you can show it to a professional bed bug pest control in Tampa like EcoSmart Pest Solutions for proper identification.
Three Signs Bed Bugs Leave Behind
One of the best ways to spot a bed bug infestation is to look for telltale signs of these pests. Here are some common signs of bed bugs:
- Bites: Bed bugs feed on blood, and their bites are often the first sign of an infestation. These bites usually appear as small, red bumps on the skin and can be very itchy.
- Stains: Bed bugs excrete a reddish-brown liquid when they feed, which can often be seen on sheets, mattresses, and furniture.
- Eggs: Bed bugs lay their eggs in small clusters, which can often be found in the cracks and crevices where they hide.
If you notice any of these signs in your home, call a professional exterminator for bed bug control services in Tampa right away.
Why You Should Skip DIY And Order Professional Bed Bug Control
Trying to handle bed bug control on your own is a daunting task, and it's one that's best left to the professionals. Here's why you should enlist professional pest control to kill bed bugs in Tampa:
- Bed bugs are experts at hiding, so it can be very difficult to spot them all.
- Bed bugs can quickly spread from one room to another, so it's important to get rid of them as soon as possible.
- Do-it-yourself methods are often ineffective, which can make the problem worse.
If you're struggling with a bed bug infestation, don't hesitate to call EcoSmart Pest Solutions. We've been dealing with bed bugs and other pests in Tampa for over 25 years. We'll be able to quickly and effectively get rid of the bugs so you can rest easy. Contact us today.