Getting Rid Of Rodents In Tampa Can Be Tricky
February 10, 2023 - Rodents
Once Florida rodents find their way into your home, getting rid of them can be challenging. But with these tips and help from EcoSmart Pest Solutions, effective rodent control is within your grasp. Read on to learn how you can get rid of rodents with help from our Tampa pest control services.
What Kind Of Rodents Typically Invade Tampa Homes?
There are over twenty different types of rodents you'll find in Florida. While any of them could find their way into your home if conditions are right, only a few commonly infest Tampa homes. They include:
- House mice: These little rodents weigh less than an ounce. Most people hear the sounds they make before seeing them due to their small size. When they come indoors, they prefer to live in closed-off places, such as inside walls.
- Norway rats: While most invading rodents will make a space for themselves indoors, Norway rats are fond of tunneling beneath your home. That isn't to say that these brownish-red rodents never come inside, however. Instead, you'll usually find them in your basement or other low section of your home.
- Roof rats: These adept climbers are the most common rat in Florida. One identifying feature is the contrast between the light-colored fur on their stomachs and the much darker hair on the rest of their bodies.
There are numerous ways for house rodents like these and others can get inside your home. But when you hire an EcoSmart Pest Solutions professional, we'll identify such areas as part of our free inspections. That way, you can start planning how you'll protect your home from rodents in the future.
Rodents Spread Disease And Damage Property
Have you ever wondered why rodents have such a bad reputation? It's undoubtedly an earned one; they can transmit diseases directly to humans, some without touching us. Moreover, exposure to their urine, feces, or parasites can make you severely ill.
Here are just some of the diseases rodents can spread when living on your property:
- Weil's Disease
- Rat bite fever
- Lyme disease
Living with wild house rodents puts you and your family in danger. EcoSmart Pest Solutions use eco-friendly pest control products that will safely put an end to infestations. We also offer fast-response emergency services.
Five Effective Tips To Prevent Rodents In Your Home
Tidy up your yard to remove potential hiding places. Rodents will use piles of building materials, like wood or siding, as shelter. Try these five rodent prevention tips:
- Seal exterior home damage: Rats and mice can squeeze through tight openings, so carefully inspect your home for possible entry points.
- Trim back branches at least six feet from your home: Not all rodents are excellent jumpers and will struggle to reach your windows, roof, and gutter if you prune branches.
- Keep your food in air-tight containers: This prevents rodents from smelling and discovering food sources.
- Put covers and grates on your drain pipes and vents: This will close rodent entry points.
As part of our treatment plans, we help each customer identify measures to reduce the risk of further infestation. No matter the severity of your pest problems, our work is guaranteed without a contract.
How To Safely Get Rid Of Rodents In Your Home
Once they're in your home, rodents can be a nightmare to get rid of. It's not enough to have access to bait, traps, and other products: you need the knowledge and experience to use them the first time. It's not a skillset everyday folks have.
But with EcoSmart Pest Solutions on your side, you don't have to worry about a thing.
We have over 25 years in the industry, and in that time, we've always stayed at the forefront of safe and effective rodent control solutions. We treat every customer's home like our own, and that's why we include you in every step of the treatment process. So put your trust in our team, and you won't be disappointed. Call today for your free inspection.