Got Cockroaches? Tips To Keeping Them Out Of Your Tampa Home
August 10, 2022 - Cockroaches
If you live in the Tampa area, then you are no stranger to cockroaches. These pests can be found just about everywhere, and they can cause a lot of problems for homeowners. EcoSmart Pest Solutions will discuss some helpful cockroach facts, including how to avoid them and what to do if you already have them in your home. We will also talk about how to get rid of cockroaches for good with professional pest control in Tampa.
Three Things You Did Not Know About Cockroaches
Cockroaches are not just a nuisance; they can also be dangerous.
Here are three things you may not know about cockroaches in Tampa:
- Cockroaches release an allergen into the air that can trigger asthma and other respiratory problems. If you or someone in your family suffers from asthma, it is important to get rid of cockroaches as soon as possible.
- Cockroaches can pick up bacteria like E. coli and salmonella on their legs and bodies and then transfer them to humans by contaminating food. This can cause food poisoning and other diseases.
- Cockroaches are nocturnal creatures. They are most active at night when they come out to look for food. This is when they are most likely to enter your home. If you see cockroaches during the day, it means there is a serious infestation.
If you have cockroaches in your home, they can be difficult to get rid of. Cockroaches are very good at hiding and can reproduce quickly.
If you have cockroaches in your Tampa home, it is important to call a professional like EcoSmart Pest Solutions for home pest control services. We can help to get rid of your cockroach problem quickly and efficiently
Common Problems Cockroaches Cause
Cockroaches can also cause serious problems in your home in a multitude of ways.
- Damage your home: Cockroaches can damage your belongings by chewing on them.
- Cause sleepless nights: Cockroaches are nocturnal creatures that can keep you up at night with their noise.
- Create an unpleasant odor: Cockroaches can produce an unpleasant odor that can make your home smell bad.
As you can see, cockroaches are a major nuisance for a number of reasons. If you see any signs of a cockroach infestation in your home, be sure to take action right away.
Homeowner's Guide To Avoiding Cockroaches
Here are some tips on how to deter cockroaches from your Tampa home:
- Keep your home clean. Cockroaches are attracted to food and grease, so it is important to keep your kitchen clean. Wipe down counters, wash dishes regularly, and vacuum often.
- Fix leaks. Cockroaches are attracted to moisture, so be sure to fix any leaks in your home without delay.
- Seal cracks and crevices. Cockroaches can fit through very small spaces, so it is important to seal any cracks or crevices in your home.
- Keep food in sealed containers. Cockroaches are attracted to food, so keep food in sealed containers to keep from attracting them.
- Call a professional. If you have cockroaches in your home, call a professional pest control company like EcoSmart Pest Solutions.
Even if you take preventive measures, cockroaches can still find their way into your home. If you see any signs of a cockroach infestation, be sure to call a professional for cockroach pest control in Tampa.
Benefits Of Professional Cockroach Control
Trying to deal with a cockroach infestation on your own can be a major headache. If you have cockroaches in your Tampa home, consider using a professional pest control company like EcoSmart Pest Solutions. We've been providing Tampa residents with top-quality pest control services for more than 25 years. Our experienced technicians will work diligently to find and eliminate all cockroaches in your home. We also offer preventive services that can help to keep cockroaches from coming back so you can rest at ease. Give us a call today to learn more.