How To Prevent Bed Bug Infestations In Tampa Homes
December 30, 2022 - Bed Bugs
The last thing anyone wants to deal with is a bed bug infestation. Unfortunately, Tampa is no stranger to these pests. In fact, infestations of bed bugs have been rising in the Tampa area in recent years.
Bed bugs are small, parasitic insects that feed on the blood of humans and animals. They are attracted to warmth and carbon dioxide, so they are often found in beds, couches, and other places where people sleep. These insects are not known to transmit disease, but they can cause various other health problems, including skin rashes, allergies, and stress.
Check out this article for more information on how you can prevent and control bed bugs with pest control in Tampa.
Signs Of A Bed Bug Infestation In Your Home
Identifying the signs of a disease is the first step to controlling infestations. Bed bugs are small, brownish-red insects that feed on the blood of humans and animals. Mattresses, couches, and other sleeping places are common places to find them.
You should look for the following signs if you suspect you have bed bugs:
- Small, brownish-red bugs in your bedding or on your furniture
- Tiny, brownish-red fecal stains or blood stains on your sheets or mattress
- Small, itchy red welts on your skin from bed bug bites
- A sweet, musty odor in your home
Immediately take action if any of these signs are present. The longer bed bugs are present, the further they will spread through your home - a professional needs to remove them.
Bed Bugs Won't Just Go Away On Their Own
Bed bugs are a growing problem in many parts of the world. These blood-feeding insects are not only a nuisance but can interfere with the sleep of people who are unfortunate enough to come into contact with them.
Many people think that if they ignore a bed bug infestation, the bugs will eventually go away on their own. This is not the case. The bed bug is very resilient and can survive without food for up to a year.
Despite their name, bed bugs can actually live anywhere - not just in beds. They can infest homes, apartments, hotels, offices, and any other place where people congregate. Once they've infested an area, they're very difficult to eliminate.
The best thing to do is to hire reputable pest control to kill bed bugs if you have a problem. If you live in a home with these parasites, a professional company can help. These companies have the experience and the equipment to safely and effectively remove bed bugs from your home.
Easy Tips To Prevent Bed Bugs Catching A Ride Into Your Home
There are a few simple things you can do to prevent bed bugs from infesting your home in the first place. You can prevent a bed bug infestation in your Tampa home by following these steps:
- Vacuum your home regularly and dispose of the vacuum bag immediately. Regular vacuums will help to remove any bed bugs that may be lurking in your carpet or furniture.
- Make sure to regularly inspect your furniture and bedding for signs of bed bugs. You should also avoid buying used furniture or bedding. Bed bugs spread through these items. If you must buy used, inspect the item thoroughly for signs of bed bugs before bringing it into your home.
- Be mindful of your surroundings. Bed bugs infest new spaces by catching rides on our belongings. Make sure to never leave items on the floor or close to other people's belongings in public areas, and always check hotels for signs of bed bugs before settling in for the night.
And remember, if you do suspect an infestation, you should contact a bed bug control service in Tampa as soon as possible. Exterminators are the best way to get rid of bed bugs. Pest control providers understand bed bug biology and behavior, which means they know where to look and how to eliminate these bugs.
Call The Pros At The First Sign Of Bed Bugs In Your Home
The best thing to do if you think you have bed bugs is to contact a pest control company. Bed bug removal can be done safely and effectively by professionals because they have the equipment and experience to do it. Call a pest control company immediately at the first sign of bed bugs.
EcoSmart Pest Solutions offers local pest control for bed bugs. We have provided quality pest control services to the Tampa area for over 25 years. Our top priority as a family-owned and operated business is providing good service at a fair price. Our company offers a wide range of pest control services, including bed bug control.
We can inspect your home for free if you suspect you have bed bugs. If you have any questions, we will be happy to answer them and give you the expert advice you need.