How To Stay Ahead Of A Bed Bug Infestation In Tampa
February 28, 2023 - Bed Bugs
Tampa pest control companies are all too familiar with the pain and frustration that a bed bug infestation brings. As one of the leading tourist destinations in the country, it's no wonder that Tampa bed bug breakouts are as frequent as they are. So how can you keep them away from your home and protect your family?
Every Tampa resident should know their options, and that's why we've written this blog post. Our team has pooled its collected knowledge to guide you through the ins and outs of bed bug control techniques for your home. Read on to learn what you can do, and reach out to EcoSmart Pest Solutions when you need the best local pest control for bed bugs.
Early Warning Signs Of Bed Bugs
Infestations start small (sometimes with just one bug). By the time you see masses of bed bugs hidden throughout your home, however, the infestation is well underway. Identifying the early signs of bed bugs allows you to act faster and avoid much undue misery, so keep an eye out for these clues:
- An unusual odor that grows stronger over time: Bed bugs communicate with each other by releasing pheromones. Though often described as musty, the unmistakable smell can register differently from person to person. Rather than looking for a specific smell, look out for new scents with no apparent source.
- Blood stains on your bedding: Bed bugs are greedy eaters. After feeding on blood, they will expel the excess meal, leaving stains nearby.
- Unexplained bites on your arms: Bed bug bites are itchy, small, and leave a red mound. These factors lead some to mistake them for mosquito bites. One key difference is that bed bug bites resemble a rash.
As soon as you think there are bed bugs in your home, there's no time to lose. The sooner you contact us for an inspection and free estimate, the easier it will be to end your bed bug infestation woes. Waiting gives the bugs more time to reproduce and worsen your problems.
The Symptoms Of A Bed Bug Infestation
In addition to the above warning signs, there are dead giveaways that you're living with an infestation. So keep your eyes peeled for these symptoms:
- Molted bed bug exoskeletons
- Sticky pale eggs (usually found in groups)
- Brown fecal stains
Once an infestation has set in, the best weapon in your arsenal is professional bed bug pest control for your home. Our technicians perform the most thorough inspections to root out every part of an infestation. Our spray treatment can reach even the deepest, most narrow cracks in your home, areas where bed bugs are likely to hide.
Five Simple Ways To Keep The Bed Bugs Away
As previously mentioned, you need pro pest control to kill bed bugs. But there are simple measures you can take around your home to prevent an infestation from occurring in the first place. Consider utilizing these tips to reduce the chances of bed bugs making your home theirs:
- Reduce the clutter in your living space: It's true that bed bugs will happily live in your furniture, but they can also nest in any sheltered area. Piles of paper, boxes, and clothes are more than enough to support them.
- Carefully clean your bags before entering your home: Bed bugs will hitch rides in bags and luggage.
- Inspect your clothes when returning home: These pests will stow away in fabric folds.
- Wash your bedding regularly: The heat may kill bed bugs and their eggs if you use an appliance to dry your sheets, pillowcases, and blankets.
- Be careful when bringing secondhand furniture into your home: An item may carry bed bugs if the previous owner didn't clean it properly beforehand. Thoroughly clean all pieces outdoors before bringing them inside.
You can use these methods before or after an infestation, but the key is always to practice them. When our EcoSmart Pest Solutions team treats your home, we'll explain other ways you can defend your home against bed bugs in the future. Combined with our follow-up inspections, you'll have built a great defense against bed bugs.
Contact The Pros At The First Sign Of Bed Bugs
Time is of the essence when dealing with pests, and bed bugs are no exception. But don't worry, when you call on EcoSmart Pest Solutions, you'll soon retake control of your home. We consult you at every step, answer your questions and enact bed bug treatment plans with as little impact on your life as possible.
Don't spend another minute living with bed bugs! Call EcoSmart Pest Control today for a free estimate and more information. We're here to protect your home.