Keeping The Tampa Roaches Out Of Your Restaurant The Easy Way
July 20, 2022 - Cockroaches
Cockroaches are opportunistic pests that seek shelter, food, and water when looking for a place to invade, and for this reason, restaurants are the perfect place for them. Unfortunately for restaurant owners, a cockroach infestation can cause allergies and asthma to patrons and employees and can carry and transmit bacteria such as salmonella, staphylococcus, and streptococcus. If you suspect cockroaches have made themselves at home in your business, now is the time to learn what you can do about it. Find out about the problems they can cause in your restaurant, and get educated on the various ways you can keep your restaurant pest-free. When it comes to cockroaches, you must act quickly. EcoSmart Pest Solutions provides pest control in Tampa you can rely on to keep roaches out of your restaurant safely and for good.
What To Do About Roaches In My Restaurant
If you have seen roaches in your restaurant, time is of the essence. While cockroaches are difficult to get rid of on your own, there are some ways you can help control an infestation.
Be sure to store all food in sealed containers. Keep your restaurant’s kitchen clean at all times, by keeping dirty dishes to a minimum and wiping up spills and crumbs as often as possible. Additionally, make sure garbage disposals and drains are free of food debris. You also may want to consider hiring a team dedicated to cleaning and sanitizing the kitchen after hours, as cockroaches are most active at night and when there is little to no human activity. Encourage your employees to report cockroach sightings immediately, so you can take action promptly. For the best treatment plans and regular inspections, contact a Tampa pest control company.
Cockroach sightings can quickly put a restaurant out of business. If you notice even one cockroach, there will likely be more hiding. A pest control professional can determine the extent of the infestation.
The Problems Roaches Can Cause In Your Tampa Restaurant
If they have taken over your restaurant, now is the time to go over a few cockroach facts to understand how crucial it is to get rid of them as soon as possible:
- Cockroaches can cause allergies and asthma attacks.
- Cockroaches can contaminate the food with bacteria which can cause food poisoning and diarrhea, or even cholera and dysentery.
- Cockroaches can go without water for a week and food for a month.
- Cockroaches can survive underwater for over half an hour. Flushing them down drains is unlikely to get rid of them.
- Cockroaches reproduce quickly, turning a couple of cockroaches into a full-blown infestation in no time.
- Cockroaches can make employees sick, causing added expenses to the existing cost of running a restaurant.
Cockroaches can cause lots of problems in restaurants. If you see a cockroach, get rid of it before issues like illnesses and failed inspections happen.
Six Tips To Keeping Your Restaurant Pest-Free
Here are six tips you can follow to keep your restaurant pest-free:
- Keep all trash cans clean, and take out the garbage regularly.
- Thoroughly clean all surfaces, and make sure the restaurant is as clean as possible before closing for the night.
- Ensure that all drains flow freely and do not harbor food waste that can attract cockroaches.
- Have a pest control professional go over all the possible entry points and hiding spots for cockroaches, as they are an adaptive pest that can build nests in many places and enter through some of the tiniest cracks in walls.
- Do not leave food out. Properly store all food in sealed containers and frequently examine them for signs of damage.
- Keep in mind that cockroaches are most active at night, making it hard to recognize an infestation early on. Consider hiring a pest control professional for regular inspections. Experts can recommend cockroach control products that are safe to use in restaurants.
Sometimes, even the best practices are not enough to keep roaches away. When regular hygiene practices are not enough, professional pest control experts can help.
Commercial Pest Control In Tampa You Can Trust
It can be overwhelming to determine exactly how to get rid of cockroaches for good. When an infestation is already present in your restaurant, this puts the health of your customers and employees at risk. For the best advice on how to keep cockroaches away, consider reaching out to experts who have the knowledge needed to eliminate cockroaches safely and effectively. When general recommendations to keep roaches out of your business aren’t enough, it is time to try more effective treatment methods. If you are struggling with cockroaches in your Tampa restaurant, EcoSmart Pest Solutions can help you eliminate them safely.
Cockroaches are opportunistic pests that can enter restaurants through very small cracks and openings and quickly reproduce when provided with food and water, both of which are in abundance in professional kitchens. As soon as cockroaches establish themselves, they can effectively spread diseases and bacteria, making employees and customers ill. As soon as an infestation is detected, getting rid of them quickly needs to be a priority.