Tampa Termites Can Spell Trouble For Homeowners
August 20, 2022 - Termites
If you're a homeowner in Tampa, it's important to be aware of the risk of termites. These pesky, wood-eating insects can cause a lot of damage to your home if they're not dealt with properly, and they can often go undetected until it's too late. EcoSmart Pest Solutions will discuss the signs of termites in your home, what kind of damage they cause, and some must-know facts about termites that every homeowner should know. We'll also go over why it's vital to leave termite pest control in Tampa to the professionals. Read on, and keep your home termite-free.
The Dreaded Mud Tubes Running Along Your Foundation
One of the most common signs of termites in your home is the presence of mud tubes. These are small, dirt-covered tunnels that termites build to travel from their nests to their food source — which, in this case, is your wood-based home. If you see any mud tubes running along your foundation or up the side of your home, it's a good indicator that you have termites.
Other tell-tale signs of termites include:
- Swarms of flying insects in or around your home
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped
- Cracks or holes in wood surfaces
- Paint that is bubbling or peeling
If you see any of these signs of termites in your home, it's important to call a professional pest control company like EcoSmart Pest Solutions right away.
How Much Damage Can Termites Cause?
Termites are notorious for causing extensive damage to homes and other structures. In fact, they're responsible for billions of dollars in damage every year in the United States alone. By the time you see signs of termites, they may have already caused a lot of damage to your home.
Some of the most common types of damage that termites cause include:
- Structural damage to walls, floors, and ceilings
- Damage to electrical wiring and plumbing
- Furniture and woodwork that is chewed or eaten
- Piles of wood dust or debris around your home
Serious termite damage to your home means serious repairs and serious expense. That's why it's so important to call a professional pest control company for termite removal as soon as you see signs of them. The sooner you catch the problem, the less damage they'll be able to do.
At EcoSmart Pest Solutions, we're experts at getting rid of termites. We use the latest technology and equipment to make sure your home is free of these pesky insects.
Four Things Every Homeowner Ought To Know About Termites
Termites are a serious problem for homeowners, and they can cause a lot of damage if they're not treated properly. Here are four things every homeowner should know about them:
- Termites are more active in the spring and summer months. This is when they're most likely to swarm and start new colonies.
- There are three main types of termites: subterranean, dampwood, and drywood. Subterranean termites are the most common type in Tampa, and they're the most destructive.
- Termites are attracted to wood, so if you have a lot of wood around your home, it's more likely to be infested with termites. They're most likely to infest wood that's in contact with the ground. A termite-infested tree stump, for example, can quickly spread termites to your home.
- Termites usually eat wood from the inside out, so you may not notice the damage until it's too late. By the time you see signs of termites, they may have already caused a lot of damage to your home.
If you think you may have termites, or if you see signs of them in your home, don't hesitate to call a professional pest control company. The sooner you catch the problem, the sooner you can stop the damage.
Why Not Calling The Termite Professionals Is A Big Mistake
If you see signs of a termite problem in your home, it's important to call a professional pest control company right away. Try to deal with the issue on your own with store-bought solutions, and you'll likely just end up wasting time and money while the infestation worsens. Termites are very difficult to remove by yourself because they build their nests underground. This makes it hard to reach and treat them. It's best to leave termite control to the professionals.
At EcoSmart Pest Solutions, we have a team of experienced and qualified professionals who can take care of your termite problem quickly and efficiently. We have more than 25 years of experience dealing with termites and other Tampa pests, and we work hard to make sure your home is termite-free. Contact us today to learn more about our services, or to schedule a free inspection.