The Benefits Of Professional Ant Control For Your Tampa Home
June 15, 2022 - Ants
A home is one of the most important investments that a person can make. Protecting that investment is crucial, and part of protecting your home is keeping it free of pests. One type of pest that can be particularly troublesome here in Tampa is ants.
Even if you keep your house clean, ants can still find their way inside. And once they're in, it's tough to get rid of them. Over-the-counter sprays might work for a short time, but eventually, the ants will come back.
That's why it's so important to call a professional when you have an ant problem. A trained and experienced Tampa pest control technician will provide long-lasting solutions that will keep your home ant-free.
So don't wait—if you've got ants, call a professional today.
Common Types Of Ants That Invade Tampa Homes
There are several common types of ants that invade Tampa homes, including:
- Argentine ants: These tiny, light-colored ants are some of the most invasive. They travel in large numbers and can be very difficult to eliminate.
- Carpenter ants: As their name suggests, these ants like to build their nests in wood. This can cause severe damage to your home if left unchecked.
- Odorous house ants: These tiny, black ants get their name from the foul smell they give off when crushed. They are attracted to sweets and often invade kitchens in search of food.
- Pavement ants: These medium-sized ants are black or brown and like to build their nests in cracks in pavement or concrete but will venture inside in search of food.
- Pharaoh ants: These small, light-colored ants are a significant problem in hospitals and other commercial buildings. They are difficult to control and can spread diseases.
For carpenter ant control in Tampa, get ant pest control near you. These ants are highly destructive when given time to infest and difficult to remove on your own.
The Problems An Ant Infestation Can Create In Your House
While a good number of ants are just a nuisance, some types can pose serious problems for your home. For instance:
- Carpenter ants can cause extensive damage to the wood in your house.
- Pharaoh ants spread salmonella and staph infections.
- Some people are allergic to ant bites or stings, and an infestation can make life very difficult.
- All ants have the potential to contaminate your food.
As you can see, these pests aren't to be taken lightly. Hence, call professional ant control in Tampa when you have an ant problem.
A trained and licensed Tampa pest control contractor will identify the type of ant, seek out the ant nest, and determine the best ant pest control treatment. This will help eliminate the pests for good and keep your family safe.
Why It Is So Hard To Get Rid Of An Ant Infestation On Your Own
Contrary to what many people think, ants are not easy to eliminate. Spraying them with a household cleaner or insecticide isn't going to do the trick - more ants will just come back.
If you don't treat the entire problem - both the ants that are already in your house and the ant nest that they came from - you're not going to be able to get rid of them for good.
Trying to deal with an ant infestation on your own can be frustrating and time-consuming. It's much easier - and more effective - to call a professional.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Ants In Your House For Good
Bottom line - the best way to get rid of ants in your Tampa home is to call a professional. If you require carpenter ant control or any other type of ant pest control, EcoSmart Pest Solutions has you covered
We provide practical and decisive ant control for homeowners in Tampa and the surrounding areas. Our ant control products are safe for pets and children while still tough on pests.
Don't let ants take over your home - give us a call today.