The Trick To Having A Pest-Free Picnic This Summer In Tampa
July 05, 2022 - Home Pest Control
It's summertime, and life is good. Or it would be if it were not for pests like stinging insects ruining outdoor plans. Unfortunately, eating outside is often synonymous with wasps and flies buzzing around dishes, mosquitoes trying to bite everyone, ants invading, and more. If you wish to keep pests away from your picnics, now is the time to get educated on the kinds of pests you should worry about, learn why ants can be pesky problems, and discover the right ways to control mosquitoes. EcoSmart Pest Solutions provides reliable and effective pest control in Tampa for carefree and enjoyable outdoor adventures. With the proper advice and treatment plan, you can regain control of your picnics and enjoy spending time outdoors again.
What Kind Of Pests Should I Worry About?
There is a long list of pests in Tampa you should worry about when planning your summer picnics. Here are a few of the most common:
- Mosquitoes feast on human blood by inflicting painful, itchy bites and are vectors of diseases.
- Various types of stinging insects, such as bees and wasps, buzz around food and may sting.
- Fire ants are venomous and aggressive when disturbed.
- Flies can bite, transmit diseases, and cause food poisoning. A pest control company can help you keep flies away and other types of pests.
There are many pests in the Tampa area you should worry about when planning to dine outdoors. Several are more dangerous than you might think, carrying diseases, contaminating food supplies with bacteria, and inflicting painful and sometimes venomous bites.
Mosquito Control Done The Right Way
Mosquitoes are some of the most problematic pests in Tampa, with their itchy bites, ability to get through clothing, and the fact that they can transmit serious diseases. In order to control mosquitoes, it is vital to reduce the reasons why they are attracted to you in the first place. Here are several ways that you can enjoy picnics without the threat of mosquitoes:
- Try to plan gatherings away from standing water, including lakes and ponds. If you are having picnics in your backyard, consider not having ponds, birdbaths, and other water sources, as mosquitoes prefer to lay their eggs on standing water.
- If you can't avoid standing water, consider water aerators and other methods that disrupt surface tension.
- Larvicides and adulticides can be used to control mosquito populations on your property but are likely not an option on public property such as parks.
- Consult with a pest control professional for mosquito repellents that fit your needs.
Mosquitoes can quickly turn any picnic into a nightmare full of painful, itchy bites. They can also transmit dangerous diseases like malaria and the West Nile virus. A pest control company can recommend both chemical and natural ways to get rid of mosquitoes in your yard.
Ants Can Be A Pesky Problem
While very small for the most part, ants in Tampa can invade in large groups whenever they sense a source of food they can take over. For this reason, picnics are a common place where you might encounter them. Because ants can bite, contaminate food supplies, and transmit diseases such as E. coli, shigella, and salmonella, it is best to keep them away from your gatherings. Reach out to the professionals for quality outdoor ant control.
Keep The Stinging Insects At Bay In Tampa
Insect bites and stings are the last things you need during picnics. Here are a few ways to keep stinging insects away safely:
- Bees and wasps are often attracted to strong scents, so keeping deodorants and perfumes to a minimum is recommended.
- Stinging insects are also attracted to bright colors, so wearing neutral-colored clothing can help.
- Reduce the surface area of your skin as much as possible by wearing long sleeves, shoes, and pants instead of shorts.
- Contact a pest control company for advice on the most effective repellents and other methods of deterring stinging insects.
While insects are plentiful in the Tampa area, it is possible to reduce their threat to a minimum with help from experts. When you use proper pest control methods, stinging insects won't be able to ruin your picnics.
Many common Tampa pests like picnics, and deterring them is key to an enjoyable time for your friends and family. You can rely on EcoSmart Pest Solutions, a Tampa pest control company that provides effective pest control to keep these insects away.